function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ExpoExpo 

Can we remove the left panel menu option and standard top menu option using visual force

Hi, I am a newbie to Salesforce.com customization, we are working on a prototype and would like to know if it is possible to develop a page using Visual force that does not have the standard left menu panel and standard top menu.

We would use this page for integrating with another application. The ideal user experience would be to display a salesforce page in the native application.

For example: If a user clicks on CRM link for an account in the native application we should be able to display the account screen rendered in Salesforce.com and this screen should not have the standard tabs menu and left panel menu. User should be able to see only the CRM information pertaining to the selected account. User would not be able to navigate to any other account  from this screen.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NaishadhNaishadh
use showHeader="false" sidebar="false" attributes of apex:page component

All Answers

NaishadhNaishadh
use showHeader="false" sidebar="false" attributes of apex:page component
This was selected as the best answer
ExpoExpo

Thanks Naishad for providing the solution. Just have one more query can we have two different views for accounts, one using the regular salesforce.com which will be displayed when user logs into salesforce.com and another view which is developed using visualforce(no left panel and top level menu) and the same would be displayed when user tries to access from native application.

Thanks once again for your assistance

Ron HessRon Hess
Yes, you can do this using a Visualforce page from the native app
rtrivedirtrivedi

Hi, 

I wanted my user to get a visualforce page while logging into the system.  

visualforce page just provides coouple of links the user can make use of.

I have tried changing the siteLogin by making startURL as the visualforce page.

But still the system does not direct to it and opens the home page rather than the visualforce  page.

Let me know if i am looking at the wrong place to place the url or there is something else that needs to be addressed.

Regards,

Rajiv