function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken_KoellnerKen_Koellner 

How to do confirmation dialog then call method in custom cntrlr then go to page returned by method?

I want to put up your typical "Are you sure?" confirmation dialog box.  Then if the user says "Yes" call a method in my customer controller and have the user end up on the page of the page reference returned by that controll.er 

If I use <actionFunction> I just end up back ont he same page.  What I tried is shown below.

I thought about doing something like window.top.location="{!URLFOR(save)}"; But it doesn't know what "save" is.  

Any ideas?

<apex:actionFunction action="{!save}" name="doSaveAction"/>

<script>
function doSaveFunc(){
    if ( confirm('The status is Work in Progress, Cancel, Needs Approval, Customer Rejected, or Internal Only. Are you sure you want to Create a Customer PO from this Cost Proposal?' )) {
        doSaveAction();
    }
}
</script>

<apex:commandButton onclick="Javascript&colon;doSaveFunc();" value="Save"/>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
XactiumBenXactiumBen

You have to return from onclick:

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" onclick="return confirm('are you sure?');" value="Save" />

Also, if you are using this button to save I'd recommend getting rid of the immediate="true" attribute since this skips all of the field validation on your page.

All Answers

Ken_KoellnerKen_Koellner

I  found this thread...http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=4096&query.id=347899#M4096

which says to try--

<apex:commandButton value="Delete" onclick="confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the API settings—');" action="{!deleteSettings}" immediate="true" />

I tried that and it doesn put up the dialog but when I hit cancel, it still calls the method in the controller.  This is what I tried--

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" onclick="confirm('are you sure?');" value="Save" immediate="true"/>

XactiumBenXactiumBen

You have to return from onclick:

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" onclick="return confirm('are you sure?');" value="Save" />

Also, if you are using this button to save I'd recommend getting rid of the immediate="true" attribute since this skips all of the field validation on your page.

This was selected as the best answer
Big EarsBig Ears

This is a great response, thanks! I was struggling with the same issue.

I was also wondering if there was a way of having a confirmation box pop up conditional on certain fields? i.e. if a certain field on the Opportunity said that the deal was renewable, a dialog box in a visualforce page would pop-up when a button was pressed.

With thanks,

Andy