function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DianeMDianeM 

Error: The value attribute on <apex:outputText> is not in a valid format. It must be a positive number, and of type Number, Date, Time, or Choice.

I am using an outputText tag along with a param tag to format a date file.  This works quite well in the sprin'09 release.  I get compile errors in Summer '09.  Here is a simple page that works in spring'09 but gets an error on save in the summer '09 release.

<apex:page >
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>
  This is your new Page
            <apex:outputText value="{0,date, MMMM d', 'yyyy}">
                <apex:param value="{!NOW()}" />
            </apex:outputText>

</apex:page>

The error message I get in summer '09 is below.  Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?  I have opened a case on this - the number is 02709898

Error: The value attribute on <apex:outputText> is not in a valid format. It must be a positive number, and of type Number, Date, Time, or Choice.

Error 

Message Edited by dchasman on 06-08-2009 01:00 PM
dchasmandchasman
My team is looking into this - stay tuned please.
Message Edited by dchasman on 06-08-2009 01:00 PM
skhanskhan
We have verified the change in behavior and are planning to roll out a fix in the next patch release. I'll update the forum once the fix gets deployed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
DianeMDianeM
Thank you for your quick response.  In the short term I have removed the comma from mask for the date and I am able to deploy.  I'll put the comma back when the patch is rolled out.
JimPDXJimPDX
We ran into this problem today as well. Our developer worked around it but it was the same date formatting issue, but this time on a series of public Sites pages. http://www.colgincellars.com/events 
AMSAMS
Is there a resolution for this issue? I am encountering the same error when trying to use Datetime.format('MMMyy')
60demo60demo

I am getting this error message when I try to insert a custom label into the Visualforce Email Template.

I need to create international email templates but the Custom labels have {0} markers inside to avoid me creating too many labels for 1 email.

e.g.

1 - New Email(s) in inbox

2 - Total Emails in inbox

Ideally this would be 1 custom label, but it looks like I would need two labels here, or essentially 1 custom label per section between dynamic data.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks,

Phil

Alexy1967Alexy1967

Has this issue been fixed? Getting this error when trying to display number as a currency on a visualforce email template:

<apex:outputText value="{0,number,$#,###.##}">
   <apex:param value="{pr.SellPriceExGST__c}" />
</apex:outputText>

Thanks in advance for any advice

SHISHIR BANSALSHISHIR BANSAL

I know it is late but i think in 2nd line it should be

<apex:param value="{!pr.SellPriceExGST__c}" /> 

Shalini RShalini R

Hi ,

I'm facing the below issue in VF page. Can you help on this

"the value attribute on <apex:outputText> is not a valid format. it must be a positive number, and of type number, date, time, or choice"