function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
truebruceleetruebrucelee 

Salesforce for Outlook login problem

Hi,

few users in my company have problems with loging in  to salesforce after they try to login via Salesforce for Outlook plugin from withing Outlook 2010. They are using IE7. The issue is that after they user types in the credentials, it looks like user is logging in but after 2-3 seconds it is auto logged off and back on login screen. Happens for both sandbox and production. Logging in via chrome and/or firefox works but IE7 behaves in this faulty way till temporary files and cookies are removed. 

Anyone had similar issue? And/Or knows the cause of it. 

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi,

Was this always the case for these users or this started happening recently?

Do others with IE7 have this issue on their machines with Salesforce for Outlook installed?

Answers to the above will help in understanding the problem better..

truebruceleetruebrucelee

Yup, couple of users have this issue already. We all have IE7 here. Clicking Salesforce for Outlook "Settings..." and then "configuration" link seems to be causing this deadlock in some way. But it is not 100% replicable.

truebruceleetruebrucelee
Ah, and we recentyl started using this plugin so the version is up to date. It is 2.2.1 or 2.2.2. Same issue in both versions of the plugin.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Bruce,

I did some research on this and found that this issue is seen when cookie clean up doesn't clean these cookies from Temporary Folder.

Could you please have the affected users adjust the IE settings to the one described on the following KB link:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=getstart_browser_ie.htm&language=en_US

This issue does get resolved when one clears cookies completely (including the temporary folder)

Kindly let me know the result if any affected user gets a chance to try the steps..

Bryn JonesBryn Jones
You may need to use your security token,,,,