function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CRMfusion - GWCRMfusion - GW 

My First Mac

After 20 years of using PC's I've finally broke down and bought a MacBook.  It was either Vista destroying my Dev machine or Vista deciding that my laptop should reboot that forced the decision.

Here is my question to the group..... What software should I get?   I've orderd iWork, iLife, Parallels and Office 2004.  Is there anything else that is usefull for a business laptop?

Cheers;
GlennW
SuperfellSuperfell
Heh, welcome to the club (I got my first personal mac about a year ago now). I think you covered most of it, I'd add Textmate and NetNewsWire to the list, you'll probably also want to checkout QuickSilver, Adium and Camino (the last 3 being free)
SalesforcewatchSalesforcewatch

Welcome to the club Glenn.  I'm on year four with Macs....

Some other "stuff" I use:

MagiCal, TigerLaunch, Spanning Sync, TextExpander, Growl, SoundSource, Twitterrific, SlimBatteryMonitor, Transmit.

Oh, and anything that Simon Fell releases... :smileyhappy:

Good luck!

Mark

Salesforcewatch.com

CRMfusion - GWCRMfusion - GW
Simon;

What is the best way to start development in this platform.  I'm very comfortable in C# and Jave but Apple seems to keep their dev program very hidden.

Cheers
GlennW
SuperfellSuperfell
XCode and all the related dev tools/documentation are on the OSX install CD, but not installed by default. I found cocoa/objective-c to have a fairly steep learning curve, but once you're up the curve its a pretty productive environment. I found the Aaron Hillegass book to be a big help getting started.