function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NJDevilsFanNJDevilsFan 

Need help with case controller extension

I'm a newbie to visualforce and I need some help. I'm trying to make visualforce page to submit a new case. The page i made is using the standard case controller, and it's working great. But what I want to do, is make it so that when the user clicks the submit button (currently using the save action) it checks that all the validations and required fields are ok (just like it does when it's assocaited with save), but instead of creating the new record I want it to luanch a pop-up where the user must agree to some terms before the case can be created. Then from within the pop-up, if they press OK, then I would want it to save the record and redirect the user, otherwise if they hit cancel, i want it to just hide the popup and allow them to make edits.

Is this easily doable? Can someone help me out? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I'm really hoping to use the standard controller because of the way the validations work.

Also, in an Ideal world, I'd really love the pop-up box to be like the module dialog window that was posted here, http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Tutorial:_Modal_Dialogs_in_Visualforce_using_the_Yahoo%21_User_Interface_Library  .

OR, I'm not sure if it's easier, instead of it being a pop-up, if it took the user to a new page, or even dynamically hid the existing sections and showed a new section, those options would work to.

Thanks.