function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jhoustonjhouston 

Viewing application page without the page editor

Hi,

I'm converting an exisiting html/css/javascript (small amount) site to the force.com and have ran into some roadblocks I could use help with. 

The application makes use of an iframe and has a javascript function to scroll the content within the frame. This function works if linked to an external site, so I know the javascript is working, but when linked to an internal salesforce page it does not work. I think this is due to the 'page editor' function. Is there a way to preview the site with this function disabled?

Thanks much

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
michaelforcemichaelforce
Definitely... if I understand correctly... all you need to do is edit your own user record and uncheck the "Development Mode" checkbox.  This will remove the frames for editing code "on the fly".  You can then go to the Setup menu > Develop > Pages to edit pages instead.

All Answers

michaelforcemichaelforce
Definitely... if I understand correctly... all you need to do is edit your own user record and uncheck the "Development Mode" checkbox.  This will remove the frames for editing code "on the fly".  You can then go to the Setup menu > Develop > Pages to edit pages instead.
This was selected as the best answer
jhoustonjhouston
Thanks! Was exactly what I was looking for.