function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndrewXAndrewX 

Bug: File does not exist

Hi All,

In a previous post, I pointed out a bug in the url that Salesforce generates for my custom Visualforce page. I never got any acknowledgement that this is indeed a bug, or that it is being fixed.

I am now finding the same error but in reverse. Before it was putting my namespace prefix in the url when it shouldn't. I was able to find a workaround for that. See my previous post for a detailed description of the error.

But now, it's putting c.na2.visual.force.com/apex/MyPage instead of my_namespace.na2.visual.force.com/apex/MyPage. And I am getting 'Page MyPage does not exist' errors, and this time there is really no effective workaround short of hardcoding the url in my Apex code.

So, now I don't know if it's a bug or is it my code that is in error.

Any feedback would be welcome.

- Andrew

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Richie DRichie D

Hi,

I've not come across a bug with this but thats not to say there isn't one ;)

Your url should look like ***/apex/mynamespace__mypage 

If you link with custom buttons/links or use the $Page.myPage (VF), or Page.myPage (in apex) reference then SFDC should update to use the namespace of your package.

Do you have your example to hand?

R. 

All Answers

Richie DRichie D

Hi,

I've not come across a bug with this but thats not to say there isn't one ;)

Your url should look like ***/apex/mynamespace__mypage 

If you link with custom buttons/links or use the $Page.myPage (VF), or Page.myPage (in apex) reference then SFDC should update to use the namespace of your package.

Do you have your example to hand?

R. 

This was selected as the best answer
AndrewXAndrewX

Thanks Richie,

I didn't realize that custom VF pages should have the namespace prepended. Is that something new in Summer '09? I haven't found anywhere in the documentation where it says he ns prefix should be prepended like that.

Andrew