function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hammhamm 

Maildrop - Feature Request (Send email and add to Salesforce feature)

In a past life as a Windows user, I was using the Salesforce Office plug-in.  It had a feature where when creating a new email I could hit "send message and add to salesforce" and the message would be delivered and added to SF at the same time.

Has there been any interest in adding this feature to maildrop?  Are there any challenges in doing so that I'm not aware of?

Have a blessed day,
Joe

SuperfellSuperfell
The problem is that the app UIs are not extensible (hence tricks like the maildrop buttonbar and the use of the scripts menu) if you can't put the button on the actual email window, it makes it (a) harder to use and (b) harder for maildrop to work out which email window you were asking to send and add.
charlescfrycharlescfry
i dont understand - is the toolbar in Entourage inaccessable to developers? the feature mentioned in the original post was really slick - it made composing and sending a one-step process. composing email with the SFDC "bcc" option is sort of clunky.
SuperfellSuperfell

The entourage toolbar is not extensible, neither is the UI in apple's Mail.app. 

charlescfrycharlescfry

that stinks! thanks for your work in this area - the tools you are developing are really helpful. i was just hoping to unclutter my screen a little!  ;)