function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elukeluk 

Adding Email to SF - STATUS in Activity History shows WRAP COMPLETED!!!

Mail Drop is working great but every email I add to SF, under the status column in the activity history shows "Wrap Completed" but we need it to show Completed only.

I can go in and edit it to change the status but I don't want to do this for every email I add, I send out about 100 emails / day and it would add so much work and would be time consuming.  

There are no options in Mail Drop to be able to change the status when adding an email activity.  Which side is the problem, SF or Mail Drop and how can I fix it so it reads "Completed" when I add emails?

Please help!

Thanks. :) 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

Maildrop takes the first status value thats marked as "closed" in the status field setup. (setup -> app customize -> activities -> task fields -> status). If you have more than one picklist value marked as a closed type, then yes, Maildrop may end up using a different one than you'd like.

You can log feature requests for Maildrop on the google site

http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/issues/list

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Maildrop takes the first status value thats marked as "closed" in the status field setup. (setup -> app customize -> activities -> task fields -> status). If you have more than one picklist value marked as a closed type, then yes, Maildrop may end up using a different one than you'd like.

You can log feature requests for Maildrop on the google site

http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/issues/list

This was selected as the best answer
elukeluk

Hi Simon,  thanks so much for responding.

Where can I see what's marked as "closed" and can I change this?

SuperfellSuperfell
Login to the saleforce.com web UI, goto setup -> app customize -> activities -> task fields -> status
RupBRupB

Simon,

According to salesforce.com customer support, the closed status taken into account by Outlook in the 'salesforce.com Outlook Edition' is the *last* status with a closed value, as opposed to the *first* one used in MailDrop. This is documented in Solution 6311.

Maybe you should align the behaviour of MailDrop on Outlook's, for shops working with both tools.

Rup

unorderunorder
I have two statuses marked as closed: completed and dropped. Whenever I use maildrop it always selects 'dropped' regardless of where it sits in the picklist's order. I have put 'completed' last and it still selects 'dropped' when I had an email. And suggestions would be appreciated.
SuperfellSuperfell
You'll have to restart Maildrop after you've changed the order in the setup.
unorderunorder

I've reordered my status values so that 'completed' comes before 'dropped.' Then I restarted Maildrop but still have Maildrop selecting 'dropped' as the status.