function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShikibuShikibu 

Forum code sample feature interacts badly with Safari

When I use Safari 4.03 (osx) to post nicely formatted code here, using the code block feature, the forum breaks the code formatting. I'm posting this here so I can refer to it in a case I am logging.

for (Lead l: trigger.new) { if (l.OwnerId == vendorQueueId && l.IsConverted == false && l.Source_type__c == Literal.groupNames.get('vendorRegistration') && l.ExternalId__c != null) { leads.add(l); } }

If I post the same code using FireFox, the formatting is not mangled.

ShikibuShikibu

This is the same code, posted with Firefox:

for (Lead l: trigger.new) { if (l.OwnerId == vendorQueueId && l.IsConverted == false && l.Source_type__c == Literal.groupNames.get('vendorRegistration') && l.ExternalId__c != null) { leads.add(l); } }

Tran ManTran Man
Thanks for reporting this.  I will have someone look into this.
KingsleyKingsley

Testing with Safari 4.0.2 Leopard:

for (Lead l: trigger.new) { if (l.OwnerId == vendorQueueId && l.IsConverted == false && l.Source_type__c == Literal.groupNames.get('vendorRegistration') && l.ExternalId__c != null) { leads.add(l); }}

KingsleyKingsley
This seems to be a bug in our forum software. I will log a ticket with them and post any follow ups to this thread. @shikibu, thanks for posting this.
ShikibuShikibu
Vote for this idea if you want to see this fixed.
ShikibuShikibu

Hey, this is still broken. Can you fix it? I heard that Nick Tran was the guy who could make this happen; I assume that's Tran Man in this thread.

It causes quite a bit of pain; many people aren't aware what the problem is, and are stuck with posting code that gets mangled. That means they are less likely to get help.