function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RupCMTRupCMT 

MailDrop - select found items by default when only 1 Object is found

I've finally started using MailDrop : so great, and simple ! 
Most of the time, I am attaching an email to a case : 
. the sender's email lets MailDrop find the Contact : please select this by default if only 1 Contact is found, 
. the result of Search lists the Cases I am looking for : please select this by default if only 1 Case is found 
. please generalize to other objects. 

Keep up the great work (and maintenance) ! 

Rup
SuperfellSuperfell
Sure i'll look into that. Can you expand on your last point "please generalize to other objects" I not sure what you're suggesting there.
RupBRupB

Simon,

We work with Contacts ('who') andCases ('what').

I meant to handle other 'whats' (Campaign, Contract, Opportunity, etc.) in the same manner.

Cheers,

Rup

SuperfellSuperfell
It does, select which what's you want to search from the list on the left
SuperfellSuperfell

Maildrop 2.2 is out, and includes the auto selection of search results that only has a single result.

http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/wiki/ReleaseHistory has details of all the changes, you can download the new version from the google code project page, or by doing check for updates in Maildrop if you have the previous version installed.

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

I am brand new to Salesforce, and have read glowing reports about your MailDrop.

However, I am still using OS 10.4.11.

Do you have an older version of MailDrop that will work for me?

Thanks....David 

SuperfellSuperfell

Maildrop v2.1 is compatible with OSX 10.4, you can download it from

http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/downloads/list

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

I download Maildrop and have been reading the Help section.

Just so I understand:  Maildrop allows one to attach received emails to Salesforce, but what about new, outgoing emails?

How can I send a contact a new email from Maildrop and have it attach to the Contact's Activities?

Thanks....David 

SuperfellSuperfell
After you've sent the mail, select the mail from the sent mail folder and add it.
dgerberdgerber

Thank you Simon.

This will work just fine.

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

When I add an email, it opens a new window in Salesforce, when I already have Salesforce open.

So I then have to close the old window.

Is this normal, or is there some way of attaching the email in the same Salesforce window which is already open?

David 

SuperfellSuperfell
That's normal. You can turn off the opening of the browser window altogether in the prefs.
dgerberdgerber

Simon,

I opened Preferences in Safari.

The options are to open links for applicatons:

1.  In a new window (which is my current setting), or

2.  in a new tab in the current window.

If I select #2, that will not solve my problem, since I will still have two Salesforce tabs open in the same window, one of which has the latest Maildrop email attached and the other does not.

I am not too computer literate, and appreciate your patience.

David 

SuperfellSuperfell
Its in the maildrop prefs.
dgerberdgerber

Simon,

Sometimes the email does get attached to the contact record in Salesforce, but other times it does not.

I have attached an example to show you.

The comment field is blank, where it should show the contents of the email.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks...David 

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

The problem with no comments in the task seems to be with Sent emails, not Received emails.

David