function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sdavidow9sdavidow9 

Debug and System log not working

Anyone know why my system log and debug logs aren't working for me?  Another developer in our sandbox isn't having a problem and I can see his logs being created, but mine aren't. 

They've worked in the past.  

I have system.debug statement in my code.

I'm not even getting logs generated when I save ecliplse files (which I belive is making an API call).

Anyone run into this and how to fix?

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

You have sevral locations where you can see the logs. First you can execute a class from a test class in the Eclipse IDE. The System.debug will display messages in the debug window.

Then you coudl also try from the browser by activating log for your system user in Monitoring->debug logs->New. But create the one linked to the user you are testing with. By example if you test from Sites you will need to activate the logs for this user.

If you still doubt about the logs you can execute Anonymous block of code from the IDE. For me this window is next to problems in the bottom part. Just put

System.debug('something');

And click execute. If you don't see anything you can start to worry ;)

Laurent 

acl5acl5
This happens to me all the time.  If I log out of SFDC and close your browser, then open a fresh window and log in again my system log fires up again.  I don't know what causes it, but I assume that my session must be expiring while I am still working. 
sdavidow9sdavidow9

I ended up creating a new user to get my logs to fire up.  I will try the closing browser and logging back in thing as well (I thought I had tried).

It appears that the system log (the one that you can open from the GUI) only logs stuff happening in CRM and not on visualforce pages.  My VF page code only gets logged to the debug logs.