function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MATTYBMEMATTYBME 

SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Case.Account

I am trying to display the Account Name of the Case. I am running into this error message: "System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Case.Account." Any way to display the Account Name for the below code? I have checked the Schema in Eclipse on Case - AccountID and it shows c.Account.Name.

<apex:page standardController="Case" extensions="CaseListController" recordSetVar="cases" tabstyle="trouble_tickets__tab">
<apex:form id="theForm">
<apex:pageBlock title="Cases Home">
<b>You are viewing {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}'s Open and Closed Trouble Tickets</b>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
<apex:commandButton action="/apex/CustomerPortalNewCase" value="Create New Case" id="newCaseButton"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!cases}" var="c" id="c_table">
<apex:column headervalue="Case Number">
<apex:outputLink value="/{!c.Id}" target="_self">{!c.casenumber}</apex:outputLink>
</apex:column>
<apex:column headervalue="Subject">
<apex:outputLink value="/{!c.Id}" target="_self">{!c.subject}</apex:outputLink>
<apex:column headervalue="Priority">
<apex:outputField value="{!c.priority}"/>
<apex:column Value="{!c.status}" style="{!IF(c.Status='New', 'color:brown;font-weight: bold',IF(c.Status='In Progress', 'color:green;font-weight: bold',IF(c.Status='Triaged', 'color:orange;font-weight: bold',IF(c.Status='On Hold','color:red;font-weight: bold',IF(c.Status='Resolution Provided','color:blue;font-weight: bold',IF(c.Status='Closed - Duplicate','color:black;font-weight: bold',IF(c.Status='Closed','color:black;font-weight: bold','color:grey')))))))}"/>
<apex:column headervalue="Created By">
<apex:outputField value="{!c.createdbyID}"/>
<apex:column headervalue="Case Contact">
<apex:outputField value="{!c.contact.name}"/>
<apex:column headervalue="Case Account">
<apex:outputField value="{!c.account.name}"/>
<apex:column headervalue="Created Date">
<apex:outputField value="{!c.createddate}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
<apex:panelGrid columns="2" style="font-weight: bold;">
<apex:commandLink action="{!previous}" rendered="{!hasPrevious}"><font color="blue">Previous</font></apex:commandLink>
<apex:commandLink action="{!next}" rendered="{!hasNext}"><font color="blue">Next</font></apex:commandLink>
</apex:panelGrid>
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockSection >
<c:CaseQuickTipsGuideComponent />
<c:CaseAttachmentsInstructions />
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Message Edited by MATTYBME on 03-30-2009 05:21 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Slaviša MaslićSlaviša Maslić

Hi,

The mentioned error occurs, whenever you try to show fields, which have not been retrieved before by the corresponding Controller-Class (in your case it's called "CaseListController"). 

Check if he method called "getCases" (or any other method) in CaseListController retreives data with a SOQL query and extend the query with the required fields from Account (e.g. select id, Priority, Account.name from Case).

Regrads,

Sascha

All Answers

Slaviša MaslićSlaviša Maslić

Hi,

The mentioned error occurs, whenever you try to show fields, which have not been retrieved before by the corresponding Controller-Class (in your case it's called "CaseListController"). 

Check if he method called "getCases" (or any other method) in CaseListController retreives data with a SOQL query and extend the query with the required fields from Account (e.g. select id, Priority, Account.name from Case).

Regrads,

Sascha

This was selected as the best answer
MATTYBMEMATTYBME

Solved my own Issue. I did not reference Account.Name in my extension.

Thanks for the above. I must have just noticed this while you submitted your reply.

Message Edited by MATTYBME on 03-30-2009 05:40 AM