function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vijaynvijayn 

Rich Text Editor not working for me... Are there any specific requirements?

Hi all,

I am simply trying to enable rich text editing for one of my custom object fields 

Here's the VF code: 

<apex:page standardController="MyObject__c" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" > <apex:form > <apex:outputPanel id="contentPanel"> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/> <apex:commandButton onclick="window.close();" value="Cancel"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Rich Text" columns="1" collapsible="false"> <apex:inputTextArea value="{!MyObject__c.TextArea__c}" richText="true"/> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:actionRegion> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:form></apex:page>

With no rich text attribute, this works. With richText=true, the value of the inputTextArea is not even sent to the server. Do I need to have something else to enable rich text editing. 

Any help appreciated.

thanks,

Vijay 

vijaynvijayn

A partially successful attempt at reformatting for readability :-) :

<apex:page standardController="MyObject__c" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" >

<apex:form >

<apex:outputPanel id="contentPanel">

<apex:actionRegion >

<apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>

<apex:commandButton onclick="window.close();" value="Cancel"/>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Rich Text" columns="1" collapsible="false">

<apex:inputTextArea value="{!MyObject__c.TextArea__c}" richText="true"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:actionRegion>

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

ehartyeehartye
I'm having this exact issue. Were you able to find an answer?
vijaynvijayn
Nope! I've not been able to find an answer to this question. I've also not been able to work around the issue, so for now, I let that field be plain text :smileysad:
Nick1746323Nick1746323
works for me. are you doing some partial page refreshing? just curious why you have the actionRegion there