function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
maximummaximum 

<apex:inputField> renders User lookup incorrectly

I am using <apex:inputField> tag in a Visualforce page to render a User lookup field on a custom object. However, unlike the standard Edit screen the VF page doesn't render the picklist that's in front of the lookup fild which promts for type of user (User or Partner User). Basically, no partner users can be selected from the VF page.

Is this a known limitation of inputField component? Or am I missing a setting of some sort?

Thanks in advance.

Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd
Has anyone found a solution to this?  In my case, I only want to select partner users for this field, and I must use VisualForce because of other custom page elements, which leaves me unable to edit the field other than through Apex or the API!
OneNewbieOneNewbie
Same problem here. Need to be able to display only Partner users on a vf page. Any ideas or solutions?
rgard23rgard23

We are having the same problem, and really need a solution as we are trying to build a page that allows us to assign to partner users. Here's the tag:

<apex:inputField id="user" value="{!LeadTeamMember.User__c}"/>

The User__c is just a lookup field to User on a custom object.

It renders with just the field label and a lookup, instead of the dropdown with the picklist values of "User" or "Partner" like usual.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Broz88Broz88

So I am also having the same issue and even logged a case on it, and you would not believe Salesforce.com's response:

"Dear Bradley,

Apologize for this. Unfortunately visualforce is not a supported feature. As i told you earlier, you can check in this in the discussion boars, in the technical library or in the blogs.

Perhaps you could post an idea in ideas.salesforce.com for this, but i am afraid, this is the only information i could give you.

Best regards,
~
salesforce.com "

Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd

Oh, I would believe it.

When SalesForce has a bug, isn't SalesForce Support great?!? (I'm joking of course.)

If you keep at them every day for a couple weeks of their denials, passing it off, escaling it, blaming you, confusing the issue, pointing you elsewhere, etc., if you are persistent, insistent, and well spoken enough (and involve the managers of the uncooperative) eventually you might be able to get it logged as a bug.  Have fun.

Even then, when I've had a different simple bug actually logged, months and a major release later it isn't fixed and the party line is either "it's a design change and they have to think it though carefully" or "you are the only one having the bug".

My case log reads like a list of SalesForce bugs.  I'm hoping I can get someone to look at some of them including this one when I'm at DreamForce this year.

rgard23rgard23
I already logged a case too, you have to have premier support to get help with visualforce and apex. That might be an ok policy, but this is a bug in my mind - and you should always be able to get help with bugs.