function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari 

Problem: To display Help Hover for the field in the Visualforce page.

Hi All,

I have  created a custom object say "A", and provide help text for each fields , but I am not able to display help text hover(orange color ? mark) in my Visualforce page.

I have created VF page for object "A". With using <Apex:inputField > , but I unable to display help hover.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

-- Deepak 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Venkat PolisettVenkat Polisett

Deepak Pansari wrote:

Hi All,

I have  created a custom object say "A", and provide help text for each fields , but I am not able to display help text hover(orange color ? mark) in my Visualforce page.

I have created VF page for object "A". With using <Apex:inputField > , but I unable to display help hover.

-- Deepak 

To display the field level help for an inputField, it must be a child of a pageBlock or pageBlockSection and the page level showheader must be set to TRUE. If it is part of a pageblocktable, it would not display the help no matter what you do.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Anilkumar458Anilkumar458

hi,

for this you need to just follow the step of object level help.That is available at the given below link

https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&target=search_results.htm&section=Search

in this left side click on the customize  link under this click on the About Custom Help link .In this page down click on the Getting started with Object Level help link .That sal your expecting solution will be there.

Venkat PolisettVenkat Polisett

Deepak Pansari wrote:

Hi All,

-- Deepak 

To display the field level help for an inputField, it must be a child of a pageBlock or pageBlockSection and the page level showheader must be set to TRUE. If it is part of a pageblocktable, it would not display the help no matter what you do.

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer