function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dgerberdgerber 

Add Email to Contact

When I add an email to a contact, it adds it to the Activity History.

In most cases, I prefer to add it to Open Activities.

Right now I am forced to go to the Contact window in Salesforce, edit the email in Activity History by changing the Status from Completed to Not Started or In Progress.

Isn't there some way to send the email to Salesforce as an Open Activity, with a Status of Not Started or In Progress?

This would be very helpful to me, and I'm sure to others as well.

Thanks....David

SuperfellSuperfell

There's no option to support this in maildrop today.

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

Please consider this option in the future.

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell

Can you expand on why you consider the emails open activities ? that doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

I am a commercial real estate broker.

I do not save all sent and received emails to Salesforce; however, the ones I do save via Maildrop are ones that require some future action on my part or the part of the sender/receiver.

In my case, I would say at least 80% require future action, i.e. I must move them from the Activity History to Open Activities, so I can calendar them with a future follow-up date.

I feel sure that many other Maildrop users would benefit from the option to post emails to Open Activities rather than Activity History.

If you like, you can call me at 713-774-9124 Central Time to discuss this further.

Thanks for considering my request.

David in Houston

SuperfellSuperfell

I think the salesforce way would be to create a followup task, but i'll add the feature request to the backlog.

dgerberdgerber

Simon,

If I sent and received emails directly from Salesforce, then I could create follow up tasks; however I prefer to use Apple Mail with my gmail address and Maildrop.

I love your program, but just wish it were more convenient for me.

Thanks...David