function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ron WRon W 

becoming desperate - as time passes

Re:

On a particular work station use by a single user.  Every sync by SF3 results in this prompt : The following Changes will be made to SF.com - to allow changes or cancel.  The number is always the same, 29 - and there have been no changes to any info.  If allowed, sync progresses as normal.  Next sync, same msg, same number, time after time with no change.  End result is nothing is synchronized between SF and Mac.

I have reset the sync history, didn't change anything.

Thoughts?

You suggested I download .64 which I did.  The only difference is that there are 27 now instead of 29.  This process is interrupting synchronization so calendars and contact info is becoming more and more out of date.  

Need help asap   -- Thoughts?

SuperfellSuperfell

You could look int he console log as the sync runs, it'll show you the 27 records, perhaps you can spot some similarities between them.

Ron WRon W

Thanks for the suggestion...  how do I access the console log?

SuperfellSuperfell

/Applications/Utilities/Console.app

Ron WRon W

Simon,

Found the console log, and I do see errors.  I'm not sure what I'm looking at - may need a little help to decipher - thoughts?

Ron

SuperfellSuperfell

Can you post (or email me directly sfell at salesforce.com) the errors

Ron WRon W

Simon,

Wanted to confirm you received the email containing the console log.

SuperfellSuperfell

Hi Ron, yes, got it, have been out of the office for a few days. I'll take a look at it.

Ron WRon W

Simon,

Just checking in to see if you have any advise or thoughts on this issue.  I have one sales force user that is more than 30 days out of date not being able to sync

SuperfellSuperfell

Looking at the dataset from the log, it looks like you're hitting this issue http://code.google.com/p/sf3/issues/detail?id=61 I haven't had chance yet (and frankly am unlikely to get much chance in the near future) to dig into the exact cause of this.

Ron WRon W

Ok,,,,,  interesting.  Not sure where to go from here but will try to resolve on my own.