function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tomspousetomspouse 

Attachments from Maildrop

Simon,  I have been using your product Maildrop for some years and have had good success with it.  However you recently changed the manner in which attachments were added to Salesforce.  In the past, the attachment showed up on the actual object/contact etc, now it shows up on the actual email or activity.  I like the way you have done this, but we have become very used to the manner you used to do this.  Would there be a way that I could have the option to attach an attachment, both to the actual 'Object' or 'Contact', rather than nesting it under the email itself???

JLeonard.ax870JLeonard.ax870

I'm having the same problem!  This is a nightmare for us.  We need to have the email attachment go to the Attachments section of a Contact's listing, not be attached to the email!  If we have 35, 50, 100 emails under one person's history, and are looking for one specific attachment, we have to weed through all of them to find it!  We really need Maildrop to put Attachments back under the Contact listing, NOT under the email.  Or - give us the option to select where it should go.  Please help!! 

ShanghaiDrewShanghaiDrew

Simon - any advice on this?  As is, we can no longer use Maildrop to add attachments.  This is very painful.

SuperfellSuperfell

Go back to v2.2

I have reverted back to v.2.2, but.... is that really the only solution?  Will we need to stay on the the older v. forever and ignore all updates from now on, or will this feature be returned -- and hopefully enhanced to give us a choice as to where to put the attachments? 

SuperfellSuperfell

The v2.6 maildrop release gives you the option to store the attachment on the related who / what, or on the created task.

The new v. is exactly what we needed.  Thanks so much!  -Julie