function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
charlescfrycharlescfry 

AppleScript and MailDrop

I like maildrop a lot - thank you. But I file a lot of email and need to find a way to flag email as already "dropped" to SFDC.

Is it possible to write an Applescript that would "maildrop" a selected message, and then move the message from my Inbox to a storage folder? Once I have dropped a message to SFDC, I store them all in a folder in Apple Mail. 

Without a script, the original message stays in the Inbox and it is impossible to identify it as having been dropped. 

I have never used AppleScript, but if you think this level of automation is possible, I will start hacking away! thanks for your work and any insights on this issue. 

charles

SuperfellSuperfell

You could edit the existing scripts to do additional tasks (do open package contents on the Maildrop app, the scripts are in the contents/resources/[mail client] scripts folder). But if you've not got any applescript experience, this might be an exercise in frustration. There is an open feature request to color/categorize emails that have been added, would that work for you, or do you need the move to folder option ?