function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MemphisJimMemphisJim 

Everybody give the developers of LinkPoint 360 a push

We have started using LinkPoint 360 for our Windows users with Outlook. It is absolutely fabulous. Why post it in the Apple, mac and OS X developer board? I'm posting here because I have spoken with the developers. a Mac Outlook version is on the drawing board. It is just NOT a top priority. I truly appreciate products like SF3 and MailDrop. However, I also believe more choices makes for healthier development all around. Contact the folks at LinkPoint. Make them aware of how many Mac users really are out there who would love to have a Mac version of their software.

TavisSTavisS

I used LinkPoint 360 on my Windows laptop extensivly and LOVED it!  We have recently transitioned to Mac and I was very disapointed to discover that it wasn't available.  I really wish they would create a version that was well integrated with Outlook 2011.

MemphisJim wrote:

We have started using LinkPoint 360 for our Windows users with Outlook. It is absolutely fabulous. Why post it in the Apple, mac and OS X developer board? I'm posting here because I have spoken with the developers. a Mac Outlook version is on the drawing board. It is just NOT a top priority. I truly appreciate products like SF3 and MailDrop. However, I also believe more choices makes for healthier development all around. Contact the folks at LinkPoint. Make them aware of how many Mac users really are out there who would love to have a Mac version of their software.

nrhansonnrhanson

I agree.  Used to use it on windows.  Wishing it was here now that we've transistioned to Mac.  Made life much easier.  

gwsbostongwsboston

Agreed.  More and more salespeople have shifted to macs.  Market for a better CRM/Email integration is growing.  

James WarrenJames Warren

I agree!!  I moved from PC to MAC, but find myself with my old PC laptop still running for the sole purpose of using Linkpoint.  

XOBNI is similiar, and already developed an iPhone app.  There are choices, and developers are taking notice of the exodus to MAC. 

ditydity

It appears to be no more a "nice to have" feature, but a 'critical to have' feature. We are a lot in my organisation to use mac OS, and it's really disappointing that linkpoint didn't  move since a so long time. This application is really usefull, but only for windows users...

CentennialCentennial

Agreed with the enclosed.  We are historically PC based but the entire Sales Team and Communication Department operates on Apple Products...integration would be key!

agosneyagosney

I completely agree.  Half of our staff use Macs and as a result do not benefit from LinkPoint and we are thinking of going with another provider for them.  I hope LinkPoint comes out with a Mac version soon.

SchremkopfSchremkopf

I'm in this same boat, I am totally wedded to Linkpoint, but planning a jump over to Mac soon...

Have you found a comparable program that works for Mac? 

MemphisJimMemphisJim

Unfortunately, there is still no comparible solution that I am aware of. We finally bit the bullet and moved to Riva Sync Server. In some ways, it is better than LinkPoint, such as it syncs with the Exchange server, rather than each individual email account. This makes the CRM info available to ANY device that can access the Exchange server. However, you must be using Microsoft Exchange server. Also, the interface for viewing info from within the email client is not as elegant. Finally, it is much, much, much, much, more expensive.

SchremkopfSchremkopf

Thanks, Jim, I'll check it out... very doubtful our little company would spring for it... I was paying the $60/year for LP out of my pocket.

I may also just bite the bullet and run Windows 7 within the Mac Parallels option. 

My desire to be on Mac is more for the hardware than OS at this point, but that will likely change too.

I hope LinkPoint can find their way to get on Mac-Outlook eventually.