function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CarlosgCarlosg 

Can´t add emails using Maildrop on Lion! Please help!!

I downloaded Maildrop on Lion and when I select an email to add I get this message "please select only one message in Mail first". I don't understand what I need to do. Can anybody please help me?

Cheers

TigerMikeTigerMike

I am running Lion too. I ran into the same problem at first. I would suggest clicking on the "number arrow" associated with the email you are selecting. This should expose all the treads associated with the latest email theard you are trying to mail drop. With some emails I had success. 

However, you may experience the same problem I have found. Even when I select a single email, most of the time if it has an attachment. I receive an error that says this:

"script /Users/michaelperkins/Downloads/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpterror {    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2055, 20};}"

Hope you do not have the problem I am experiencing.

Might just be they have to make some alterations to handle Lion.

Good Luck

CarlosgCarlosg

Hi there,

Thanks for that. It only works sometimes, most of the times I get the same error message you described. More than that, Maildrop makes my Air crash! Im with you, they prob need to relesease a new Lion version, hope they do that soon.

Cheers

jplevinejplevine

I am getting the same error as well.  Not sure if this is as a result of 10.7.1 update?  Please provide a fix for this!

jplevinejplevine

Bump...any update on this?  The software is unfortunately unusable currently.  Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell

The best way to keep upto date on this issue is to "star" the bug in the bug tracker. http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/issues/detail?id=71 Still waiting for feedback from apple, as this is a bug in mail, not in maildrop.

EricSGoldsteinEricSGoldstein

Having the same problem which is a shame.  I really like this software.

Any options?   Is anyone focused on fixing this?

cbeardcbeard

Hi Simon,

Any update on a fix for this problem?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, install Lion 10.7.2 update, see the notes on the issue tracker.

ShireenSShireenS

Hi Simon,

I just recently installed Maildrop and am running 10.7.3. Also having the same issues as everyone.

Appreciate any update on the bug fix if available.

Thanks

Shireen

SuperfellSuperfell

Please be specific about the exact problem you are having, there are no known issues with 10.7.2 and up.

ShireenSShireenS

When selecting an email to add to SF I get a message that says please add only one message. I don't see any of the script messages nor do I know where to look for them. It happens with some messages (mostly ones I have read and replied to, it could even be ones with or without attachments). I have unchecked View->Organize by conversation. I don't know if there are any Mail preferences that I need to change as well. I have the following checked in Mail Preference->Viewing->all items under show header detail: Default and under View Conversations-> Highlight messages with color and Show most recent message at the top. I am not using classic layout.

It doesn't seem to happen with new emails I receive but rather if I go back to add previously received emails (and not all). I haven't figured out if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

I am also using a trial version of professional edition SF.

I did see the link to bug status showing this as a closed issue.

I am using the most recent Maildrop version 2.92.

I hope this helps.

Shireen

SuperfellSuperfell

Make sure you have show related messages turned off, it sounds like you're still (unintentionally) selecting more than one email. One other thing to check would be to make sure you only have one window open in mail.

ShireenSShireenS

Simon,

Show related messages is also unchecked. I will check on my future error messages to see if there are any other mail windows open. I have tried several times to click in the body of the email only to as to select only that message but it doesn't always work. I will update you if I continue to receive the same message.

Sometimes shutting down and restarting may resolve everything after all the changes I made.

Thanks for your help for now.

Shireen.

rflanrflan

I'm on Lion 10.7.3 and this is still not fixed.   It only happens with messages that are in a multiple-message thread, but it also happens if I delete all but one message in the thread and try to add that one!  It doesn't happen with any that weren't in a thread.   

Any updates??

SuperfellSuperfell

because you're selecting the thread, select just one email.

pkayatzpkayatz

same problem with mountain lion.

I have only one window open and NOT selected a thread. Big problem.

Thanks peter

pkayatzpkayatz

is there any feasible alternative to maildrop?

SuperfellSuperfell

As far as i can tell, there are no relevant changes with email selection in moutain lion, make sure you're not selecting an entire thread (which is the default for anything mail thinks is a conversation, expand the conversation and select a single email). If you're still having problems, please post more details about your mail setup, and a screen grab of your selected email in the list.

pkayatzpkayatz
Hi Simon,

Please find the links of two screen shots demonstrating that I have not selected a whole thread.

Is there a more comfortable way to present pics in this forum?

Have you got a solution for me?
Need more infos?

Cheers
Peter

VuduVudu

Hi Simon,

I know you keep telling people to make sure to select only 1 message and not the entire thread. We got it! I made sure and the error still happened:

** Organized by conversation: unchecked -- error still happens.

** I'm looking at my reading pane and there is only ONE message, not a converation -- error still happens.

** Even when I double-click on the single message so that a window pops up showing only that message -- the error still happens.

I don't know how much better I can do to isolate a single message.It must have something to do with Lion's Mail new way to linking message or something, you should find out.

This error happens the most in a search result. When I go searching for that same message by eye (scrolling through my many many mails), and select the message to add, error doesn't happen.

I hope this helps with your investigation. I really likes Maildrop -- even better than the paid counter part for Outlook (Linkpoint 360) but this error is incredibly pesky that makes Maildrop almost useless since I can't attach an email unless I search for that message by eye (impossible with my 50 emails/day load)

Best regards,

Vudu

SuperfellSuperfell

Thanks for the additional details, I'll investigate this.

pkayatzpkayatz

I don't have a solution, but a hint:

I have the same problem (see my posting above, with screen shots).

I use IMAP Server. On my imac I see only one mail. But, on my iphone, - I see two mails. If I delete one of the two mail on iphone, maildrop works on my imac. Please check this. So this is my current work arount.

Cheers

Peter

mamicomamico
Any Luck with this issue?  I'm running the MAC email on 10.9.1.  I've tried the above with out success.  The error message reads: "please select only one message in Mail first.  Thanks!