function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bernardfrancoisbernardfrancois 

OSX Client to Create/Modify Accounts, Contacts and Activities while not Connected to the Internet?

Does anyone know if there's a way to use Salesforce (contact manager edition) while on the go and outside the reach of an Internet connection?

This is one of the main reasons why I fail to keep my Salesforce up-to-date with the latest news from my customers - usually, I only have time to do this while commuting...

I already discovered the MailDrop application, but this one doesn't seem to allow me to schedue a new task (an action I often use, for example to schedule a call with the prospect in case there was no reply to my email).

It would be great if someone could help me out here!

SuperfellSuperfell

I don't know of any native mac apps for this, if contact manager edition includes the offline app, then you could run that under windows in VMWare fusion, or if CM edition includes mobile lite, you could get this kind of offline access through the mobile app (iphone, ipad, BB)

bernardfrancoisbernardfrancois

Thanks for your reply.

The contact manager edition doens't seem to include the offline app. According to the following page, it's only available in the enterprice edition, which costs $125 per month (instead of the $2 I'm currently paying):

http://www.salesforce.com/crm/editions-pricing.jsp

This would be totally overkill for my limited needs.

The 'Salesforce Mobile' app is only available for iPhone. Typing sales meeting reports on an iPhone is a lot slower than on a real keyboard - especially given the fact that the Salesforce iPhone app doesn't work in landscape mode.

If you - or anyone else - could come up with a solution that would work for me, that would be great!