function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
t_Christ_Chris 

ios Toolkit: Authentication over 3g/Mobile Wireless AUS.

Hey All.

Just a quick question regarding authenticating using OAuth with the ios toolkit.  My application authenticates fine over a physical dsl connection, but when I try to authenticate over 3G/Mobile Wireless I get an 'Activation Required' message.

I have been able to replicate the same issue with the sample app included with the toolkit and attached a screen shot.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with similar problems, I was wondering if it is a problem with location?  We are running our app on Australian 3G networks (Vodafone/Telstra)

If any one has any idea what may be happning, would be great to hear from you. Or, if this is how the auth proces is supposed to function then it would be good to know that so we can work around it.

Cheers

ChrisiPad Screen

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

Because you've previously logged in from that IP address (from your browser) that IP is whitelisted, so otherwise un-activated devices will be able to login without activation from that address. But a previously unactivated browser from a new IP address will require to go through activation. You'll see exactly the same if you try and login to the regular webapp from your device over 3G.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

This would be expected because you're connecting from an IP address outside of your org's configured network range.

t_Christ_Chris

Hi Simon

Thanks for the response.

Seems a bit odd that I don't have any trusted IP address ranges in my Dev Org, yet I can log in without the Activation/Security Code step over DSL, but over 3G/Mobile this step is always present?

Cheers

Chris

SuperfellSuperfell

Because you've previously logged in from that IP address (from your browser) that IP is whitelisted, so otherwise un-activated devices will be able to login without activation from that address. But a previously unactivated browser from a new IP address will require to go through activation. You'll see exactly the same if you try and login to the regular webapp from your device over 3G.

This was selected as the best answer
t_Christ_Chris

Thanks Simon, I get it now!

Cheers

Chris