function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SlanganSlangan 

How to generate related list with customized properties

This may be a really simple thing to do, but I am stumped and would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Currently, our organization has an opportunity object with a standard product related list on it so that we can add products to the opportunity. That is great. I have created a VF page which is also displayed on the opportunity and shows us a preview of a quotation. The quotation is made up of components found on the opportunity as well as from various other related objects (Account, etc).

On one section of the quotation, we would like to add suggested products and prices - but without having the prices add to the opportunity total. My issue is how to allow our users to add these products to the opportunity so they will show up on the quotation but without having the prices show up as part of the total value for the opportunity? Is there a way to add a VF version of the product related list that just displays selected products and prices without allowing them to add to the actual opportunity amount? 

Thank-you sooooo much for your help!

Thanks for any help you can offer!