function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrianWKBrianWK 

Pagereference to change page URL - Set Redirect(true) not working anymore?

I have a page reference that returns me to the object the user started on. It works great, except the URL is still the Visualforce page. It was my understanding that setRedirect(true) accomplished this. I know it used to work like this, but at some point this functionliaty changed and it no longer updates the url.

Anyone know how I can accomplish the URL to be updated with my page reference? It's causing some minor confusion when people "refresh" and end up going to the VF page they just left.

public PageReference SaveProducts() { PageReference ReturnPage = new PageReference('/' + Master.id); ReturnPage.setRedirect(true); return ReturnPage; }

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BrianWKBrianWK

SFDC was good enough to help me from a case.

The issue was that I was working in Development mode. So Salesforce was treating the page as if it had frames. So the page never updated the URL. The moment I turned development mode off it works perfectly.

All Answers

UmapenUmapen

I am have the following code but my page return empty datatable

Code:

public PageReference EditList()
{
    PageReference editList = Page.CompAccountEdit;
    editList.getParameters().put('id', stdAcct.id);
    editList.setRedirect(true);
    return editList;
}

if I do  the following the list is not empty

code:

public PageReference EditList()
{
    return Page.CompAccountEdit;

}

Is there any parameter missing?

BrianWKBrianWK

SFDC was good enough to help me from a case.

The issue was that I was working in Development mode. So Salesforce was treating the page as if it had frames. So the page never updated the URL. The moment I turned development mode off it works perfectly.

This was selected as the best answer
DrawloopSupportDrawloopSupport

I was also having the same problem, so I turned off development mode. Now, with the same apex code, the page won't redirect at all. Does anyone have any ideas/tips/suggestions?? I have tried with and without the setRedirect option and in versions 15 and 16 of visualforce and apex.

public PageReference cancel() { PageReference pref = new PageReference('/home/home.jsp'); if (retUrl != null && retUrl != '') pref = new PageReference(retUrl); else if (objId != null && objId != '') pref = new PageReference('/'+objId); pref.setRedirect(true); return pref; }

Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov

Is there still not a way around it?   Sounds like a bug to me.

jucuzoglujucuzoglu

Your best bet (and its a tad annoying) is to create 2 tabs with the same Visualforce page. On tab 2 you add ?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1 to the url and this will turn off the development mode on the second tab so you can properly redirect.

jesuscsjesuscs

Hi, how do yo turn development mode off? (I´m working on IE9)

jucuzoglujucuzoglu

To disable development mode for a particular page you can add a parameter to the URL (is it not working in IE9?). You can read a bit more in this post: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/How-do-I-turn-off-developer-mode-via-the-URL/td-p/396411

Your other option could be to disable developer mode in your user settings.