function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269 

An internal server error occurred

I'm getting this error seemingly at random on a new VF page I've been working on.  Sometimes the page works just fine and others the error occurs, even when performing exactly the same operation.

Error ID: 206982387-929 (-1994354179) 

The page is used to create junction records between the Account table and a custom Zip Code table, creating a many-to-many relationship.  I've read that there were some issues with junction objects and competing Master relationships, but not sure if this is the case here.   What does this error indicate?  Thanks.

Mark

mtbclimbermtbclimber

This is an unhandled exception in the salesforce.com service. Please open a case with support and include the error id below.

I'm not aware of any issues specifically related to many-2-many junction objects in Visualforce or Apex.

Thanks,

MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269

Thanks Andrew, I opened case 02637839 on Thursday but haven't heard back from them.  I read a post on this forum from someone who managed to create a junction object with two primary masters, and that caused a problem with his VF page.  Deleting one of the master objects and recreating the relationship fixed the problem.  Unfortunately I don't think that's my issue, but I had noted it.  I ended up creating an scontrol to handle this page, since it just seemed more reliable.  I'm also rolling out other VF pages to production right now and running into cache issues which has me second-guessing our switch to VF at the moment.  Hopefully those will be resolved too soon.

Mark