function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
larevolucionlarevolucion 

Cannot Reference Custom Component in a Managed Package

Hello all,

I apologize if this is question is redundent or if it just doesn't make sense but I am having an issue that perhaps I just do not understand. Basically, I have created a package containing a simple, basic component as below:

<apex:component access="global"> <h1>Hello</h1> This is a test Component </apex:component>

In a different environment I have installed the package. I then created a new VisualForce page and referenced the above component as follows:

<apex:page > <c:TestComponent01 />

</apex:page>

Very simple.

Now if I set the package to be "managed/beta" and attempt to reference the component the same wa, I cannot do it. It gives the error "component testcomponent01 does not exist".

As I stated before, maybe I am just misunderstanding access permissions in a managed package but Iam under the impression that setting a component to'access="global"' would make it available to be used outside of the package.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bmabma

The managed package should have a namespace associated.

To access the component where you have installed the package you need use the package's namespace instead of "c".

<apex:page> <(package's namespace):testComponent01/> </apex:page>

All Answers

bmabma

The managed package should have a namespace associated.

To access the component where you have installed the package you need use the package's namespace instead of "c".

<apex:page> <(package's namespace):testComponent01/> </apex:page>

This was selected as the best answer
larevolucionlarevolucion
Thank you. I must have missed that in the documentation.