function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
glidealongglidealong 

Integrate google gadgets with salesforce

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to integrate google gadgets aka opensocial gadgets into salesforce. The gadget complies with opensocial specificiation which require an opensocial container to run. And for authentication and authorization purposes, I would be using SAML SSO and OAuth so that the gadget could pull data from my servers while running within the container application, which would be salesforce in this case.

The only gadget i found was

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016bafEAA

Once installed , this gadget was available as  s-control and i could add it to my dashboard, but no user preferences were saved.

I would like to know how i could make my opensocial gadget available for my customers who are using salesforce(so that they dont have to login to my application to get the data, but consume it right from salesforce through the gadget rendered in there) . Is it that i need to submit my application to appexchange, or is there an api(url) with which i could have the user install my gadget? 

Can some one enlighten me, if salesforce supports open social container spec to run open social gadgets, OAuth service provider/identity provider, where to look for further details?

I am lost, please provide some info to ddecide if I could follow the "develop once - publish multiple" philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Hafiz

glidealongglidealong

Anybody with prior experience on developing google gadgets and running it in sales force?

I would really like to know if it is possible to practice the philosophy -"Develop once - publish multiple".

Or is it to remain a philosophy that is not supposed to be practiced?!!!

:smileyindifferent: :smileymad: :smileysad: :smileysurprised: