function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
xpatxpat 

System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject

Hello,

I have a custom objet with no more than 1 record per year per account. but I can have account with no record for the previous year.

For 1 specific field I want to get the value and set this value in the field for this year record.

If I have a 2009 record all work fine but if I don't have I get an error. I assume because I don't have result for req2.

I am not a expert and did not find how to set 0.0 as value to req2 if I have no result

Thanks for your help

Pat

Double req2 = [select Aesthetic_patients_treated__c from Yearly_Account_Plan__c where start_date__c = last_year and Account__c = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id')].Aesthetic_patients_treated__c; Yearly_account_plan__c Req; Public Yearly_account_plan__c getReq(){ for (Yearly_account_plan__c rqs : [select id ,year__c, account__c,contact__c,Express_Potential__c, Aesthetic_patients_treated__c, name, CFY_Volume_Plan__c, Open_days__c, Q4_Volume_plan__c, Q3_Volume_plan__c ,Q2_Volume_plan__c, Q1_Volume_plan__c,Actual_vs_Target_CFY__c, Actual_vs_Target_CQTR__c,Actual_vs_Target_PQTR__c, Maxi_Anterior_Cost__c,Maxi_Full_Cost__c,Maxi_Teen_Cost__c,Mini_Anterior_Cost__c, Mini_Full_Cost__c, Mini_Teen_Cost__c,Q1_Objective_Actions__c,Q2_Objective_Actions__c,Q3_Objective_Actions__c, Q4_Objective_Actions__c,Teen_Target_CFY__c, Express_Target_CFY__c, Anterior_Target_CFY__c, Full_Target_CFY__c from Yearly_Account_Plan__c where start_date__c = this_year and Account__c = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id')]){ req = rqs; return req; } if (req == null) Req = new yearly_account_plan__c(); req.Account__c = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id'); req.contact__c = con.id; req.start_date__c = d; req.Aesthetic_patients_treated__c = req2; return req; }

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bmabma

You can wrap your query inside a try and catch clause, simiar to JAVA, and inside the catch clause set the value of req2 to 0.0.

Ex:

Double req2; try { req2 = [select Aesthetic_patients_treated__c from Yearly_Account_Plan__c where start_date__c = last_year and Account__c = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id')].Aesthetic_patients_treated__c; } catch (System.QueryException e) { req2 = 0.0; }

All Answers

bmabma

You can wrap your query inside a try and catch clause, simiar to JAVA, and inside the catch clause set the value of req2 to 0.0.

Ex:

Double req2; try { req2 = [select Aesthetic_patients_treated__c from Yearly_Account_Plan__c where start_date__c = last_year and Account__c = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id')].Aesthetic_patients_treated__c; } catch (System.QueryException e) { req2 = 0.0; }

This was selected as the best answer
xpatxpat

Hello,

Thanks a lot it works.

Pat