function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarz_1cmarz_1 

Visualforce Development and Chrome (for Mac)

I just installed Chrome today and when I navigate to one of my visualforce pages it doesn't load, it just sits there "waiting for salesforce...".  If I take my user out of development mode the page loads fine.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've also found that Chrome doesn't play very nicely with SF at the moment.  If you try to edit trigger/apex classes via the browser, you end up with what looks like a couple of versions layered on top of each other.

That said, with a pure VF site I can't remember experiencing any problems outside of having to tailor some javascript. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Should have said this was chrome 3/4 beta running on win xp.
mtbclimbermtbclimber

Salesforce supported browsers include the following currently:

• Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8
  • Firefox 3.0.x
  • Safari 3.2.x

Which you can find by searching the online help (the link next to logout in the header of every page) for "Supported Browsers".

There are known issues with Google Chrome 2.0 and Safari 4.0 with the online editor, "Development Mode" for visualforce.

There are no official plans to support Google Chrome officially yet though I do expect that to change as that browser seems to be gaining use across the salesforce user base but the priority is to support a more recent version of Firefox.

Message Edited by mtbclimber on 01-14-2010 08:33 AM
JasonGablerJasonGabler

Well its good to hear a confirmation about the problems with Chrome, but boy is this frustrating.  I 'officially' switched to Chrome yesterday.  Its so stinkin' fast.   I was truly overjoyed.   I get on some Salesforce work today and the editor makes me think I've got the wrong prescription glasses on.  So disappointing.  

jason

br549br549

Now that Safari 5 is out it now suffers from the same 'blur' effect as on other html5 browsers.

Salesforce.com please catch up with these browsers for your developers!

Tim