function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eurotrasheurotrash 

Using the date Visualforce default date picker without standard style sheets.

I am currently building a Visualforce site and would like to use the built in Visualforce date picker. The problem when I include the standard style sheets they interfere with the design of the site.   Is it possible just to include the css only for the date picker while excluding the remaining css from the standard style sheets? If so what parts of the standard styles sheets do I need to include in order for this component to work correctly?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When we needed to do this, we ended up using another calendar picker.   While it may be possible to unpick the styles required, SalesForce are always pretty clear that you shouldn't rely on items in their css as they are subject to change.

This also gave us the added benefit that we could have dates going back well into the past, rather than the couple of years you get by default. 

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When we needed to do this, we ended up using another calendar picker.   While it may be possible to unpick the styles required, SalesForce are always pretty clear that you shouldn't rely on items in their css as they are subject to change.

This also gave us the added benefit that we could have dates going back well into the past, rather than the couple of years you get by default. 

This was selected as the best answer
eurotrasheurotrash
Thanks, Just wanted to double check before I went throguh all of the effort to install a third party javascript library.
eric_deveric_dev

Hi  Bob buzzard.

Can you please provide a sample how to do it?

Thank you

Eric