function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PamSalesforcePamSalesforce 

VF page that allow for click to dial using Skype

Hi,

Is it possible to have a VF page with click to dial using Skype. If yes, can someone please guide me through the process.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jlojlo

No need for a Visualforce page. There's a free package from Skype on the AppExchange: http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cXYEAY

From Help:

Skype Auto Dialer Integration

This formula creates a linkable phone number field that automatically dials the phone number via the Skype VOIP phone application. It requires installation of the Skype application (a third-party product not provided by salesforce.com) on your desktop.

HYPERLINK("callto://+" & Country_Code__c & Phone_Unformatted__c, Phone) 

Message Edited by jlo on 01-20-2010 06:13 PM

All Answers

jlojlo

No need for a Visualforce page. There's a free package from Skype on the AppExchange: http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cXYEAY

From Help:

Skype Auto Dialer Integration

This formula creates a linkable phone number field that automatically dials the phone number via the Skype VOIP phone application. It requires installation of the Skype application (a third-party product not provided by salesforce.com) on your desktop.

HYPERLINK("callto://+" & Country_Code__c & Phone_Unformatted__c, Phone) 

Message Edited by jlo on 01-20-2010 06:13 PM
This was selected as the best answer
shephalishephali
Hello jlo,

I did not get the solution you have given here. I have the same requirement. I have a VF page where i am fatching the list of contact numbers (Mobile, Phone) from contact object. Can i directly put this formula directly on vf page without installing the App from AppExchange?? 

I tried this s follows but it is not working :

<a name="SkypeAutoDialerIntegrationCode" target="_blank" title="SkypeAutoDialerIntegrationCode"rel="nofollow">
<apex:column value="{!con.Phone}" /></a>

Thanks
Shephali