function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pcraftpcraft 

Just installed Force.com IDE on Mac OS X 10.8 and it's shortcut is nowhere to be found.

Like the title says, I just (well, last night) installed the latest version of the Force.com IDE on my Mac running OS X 10.8. After the installation completed it auto opened on it's own and I set about to do what I needed to do. Then I closed it down and went to bed. Now, I'm trying to open it again, but the only shortcuts I'm finding are the uninstallers and the Pulse installer.

Do I have to reinstall the IDE again just to continue working and will I have to repeat the process each time I close the application, or is there a way to get to the IDE?

cirrocirro

I think this is usually installed in your user's Library directory. Open up a terminal and try

open  ~/Library/salesforce.com/Force.com\ IDE.app

BenLBenL

Same problem here.  The file flat out does not exist. Any kind of search for it coms up empty and using the open command results in a msg that says it does not exist.  Kind of a PIA to run the installer every time. Plz let me know if anyone has found a fix for this.

Andy OAndy O

This caught me out too.

If you've just followed the defaults when installing, you should find the IDE executable in ~/Library/salesforce.com/Force.com IDE

Since recent editions of OSX hide ~/Library, it can be tricky to find. In the finder, select "Go To Folder" from the "Go" menu, then type ~/Library in the dialog box.  In the resulting finder window, look for "salesforce.com" and open it.  The Force.com IDE is in there. 

I dragged it into the Dock to make it easy to find in future, but I guess making an alias and putting that in your Applications folder would work too.

Good luck!