function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
product_worldproduct_world 

Integrating OAuth in an existing application

Hi there,

I've been trying to add salesforce authentication to an existing iOS app, and while the XCode wizard for creating a native app from scratch works great, the documentation on authentication seems to assume that you used this template.  There's nothing about how to set up your own credentials/coordinator for the purpose, nothing about supplying a username/password programatically, and I don't want my app-delegate to extend SFNativeRestAppDelegate (because the app might or might not be connecting to a particular salesforce account, and probably won't be doing so at startup.  Also, some of the wiki docs are out of date.)

Is there any clean solution to this problem?  I've gotten some pointers toward ZKSForce, but it doesn't seem to be officially supported.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Nope, still no joy.  I'm going to look into ZKSForce and see if that's any easier to work with.

All Answers

Sorry, my apologies-  I wasn't displaying the WebView for login correctly in the  didBeginAuthenticationWithView: method of the delegate.  My mistake!

With that said, I still seem to be having trouble getting actual responses to REST queries.  I'll try adapting the source for SFNativeRestAppDelegate and see if I can work it out that way.

Nope, still no joy.  I'm going to look into ZKSForce and see if that's any easier to work with.

This was selected as the best answer
PixelSystemsIncPixelSystemsInc

Hello Friend:

Did you ever solve this issue? I'm new to SF and i'm running into it.

I am creating a force one app and i am looking to athenticate guest user. Thanks.

Trin