function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers) 

LexiLoader Exited with code: 1

On a newly installed 10.8 mac, I'm trying to run LexiLoader but it quits immediately upon start.  No window is shows, the icon appears in the doc and then goes away within 1 second.  Here is what happens in the console:


From v26:

2/6/13 11:24:50.914 AM[217]: ([0x0-0x8a08a].com.pocketsoap.LexiLoader[624]) Exited with code: 1


From v27:

2/6/13 11:26:32.417 AM[217]: ([0x0-0x90090].com.pocketsoap.LexiLoader[640]) Exited with code: 1


Java is installed, all updates are installed, Eclipse and PyCharm run fine (maybe not a java problem), security setting for running entrusted apps is set to the lowest setting.


The MD5 is not listed for the downloads, so I can't confirm if I have a good copy of them.  Can anyone list the MD5 of either v26 or v27 here?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers)

Here's the line that's causing it:



All Answers

James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers)

Found the problem, but first the story of how I got there so this post catches anyone else encountering the same error because this took me a long time to troubleshoot:


Downloaded and ran on another computer without issues. The other computer had the same os verion and similar software installed.


Did verify disk permissions in disk utility.


Found out about a quarentine bug, which lexiloader was stamped with a quarantine flag and remove it with this (sudo because JavaApplicationStub is read only for user):
sudo xattr -r -d LexiLoader*


Tried turning off the quarantine system all together:
defaults write LSQuarantine -bool NO


Turned security in System Preference > Security > Allow Applications Downloaded from:
to "Anywhere"


Tried downloading and running from guest account.


Open from terminal to see if I can get more feedback:

$ open
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/jsullivan/Downloads/


Open the actual app within the app bundle:
$ /Users/jsullivan/Downloads/ ; exit;
[LaunchRunner Error] The main class "com.salesforce.dataloader.process.DataLoaderRunner" could not be found.
[JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exception
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(


So I dug around the plist for the app, and realized that Simon may be using a case insensitive filesystem and these paths may not be the right cases...  I created a DMG with a case insensitive filesystem and put the app in there... and it launched.


That was painful and time consuming, but that's the problem. I run a case sensitive filesystem because I find weirdness with some python and ruby packages and nfs mounts...


The work-aroudn is to run the app from a case insensitive dmg.



Wow good sluething, don't think i ever would of found that. I'll update the download version, thanks.



James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers)

Here's the line that's causing it:



This was selected as the best answer
James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers)

If LexiLoader was on Github I would have done a pull request.  You have other projects on Github, why not this one?


Also, I'm in SF end of Feb and would like to buy you a beer for maintaining LexiLoader (or coffee or whatever) if you're down.


There never seemed enough there to bother putting on github. (its just a repackaging of the jar from the windows version, and is mostly binaries). What I want to do if i ever get time, is update the ant script in the source data loader repo so that it can generate the mac packaged version as well.


I should be around at the end of feb, although i'm ususually only in the SF office once or twice a week, be more than happy to grab a beer or coffee if we can make it work.


I was able to reproduce the problem by running the app from a case sensitive dmg, i fixed the plist and uploaded a new version.