function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TB2TB2 

MailDrop won't open because from an unidentified developer

I have downloaded MailDrop from the company page but when I try to install it on my Mac the error message appears "Maildrop can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".   My security is set to allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers, and I don't particularly want to change this (even if I knew how). What should I do? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

If you don't want to change the setting, then i beleive you can right click and start maildrop and you'll get the option to opt out of that setting for that one app.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

If you don't want to change the setting, then i beleive you can right click and start maildrop and you'll get the option to opt out of that setting for that one app.

This was selected as the best answer
TB2TB2

Thanks Simon that worked very well!

TB2TB2

whoops it still won't load! The message asks me to reset my API Security Token by going to the following menu:

Setup -> My Personal Setup -> Reset My Security Token

All sounds good except there is no such menu item as "my personal setup" under setup, and nothing about resetting my security token anywhere that I can find. Where should I look? 

SuperfellSuperfell

setup -> my personal information -> reset my security token

my personal information section in near the top of the left column of options in setip.

SalesQueeSalesQuee

I don't see the customized option in the Maildrop tool bar...I'm working on a MAC and need to sync my Outlook with Salesforce...HELP

SuperfellSuperfell

right click on the toolbar and customize should be the bottom entry in the popup menu.