function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KBellKBell 

static resources

Hello-
I am working through the visual force tutorials and want to create a static resource. The winter 08 release notes say that is it available as preview in developers account; however, when I go setup->build->
there is no option for static resources. I think visualforce is enabled because I can create pages.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Katrina
caroline_sfdccaroline_sfdc
Hi Katrina,

Has your organization been upgraded to Winter '08 yet? If not, static resources won't be available. You can tell based on the logo at the upper left corner of any Salesforce page -- if you see a surfboard and a wave with a big number '7,' you're still on Summer '07.

All Sandbox organizations are going to be upgraded to Winter '08 this weekend.  Then additional organizations will be upgraded based on their host instance either the weekend of Nov 3rd, or the weekend of Nov 10th. I think the only folks who can view Winter '08 features right now are admins in the Admin Preview, and I don't believe any Developer Edition organizations are included in that set (though I might be wrong about that).

Cheers,

Caroline Roth
Technical Writer for Visualforce

Message Edited by caroline_sfdc on 10-25-2007 04:26 PM

Michel M.Michel M.
Hi folks,

I wanted to start developing some code for Iphone and could not upload static resources because they are not activated ... (PS: I created a pre-release developer license)

And what about the standard Developer License, do I need to do something in order to upload in to Release 8 ?

Thx for your answer.

Michel
Ron HessRon Hess
This should be active now, if you are on NA1, your logo should show an ice cube and the number 8
Then you can find static resources in the setup area, under build.
jackdjackd
Should these be available now? I don't see a link for static resources in either my developer edition login nor our corporate (unlimited) sandbox.

I've only been using SF for a couple of weeks now, and this is the third feature I've found advertised in the spring '08 release were nowhere to be found.

(The others were the metadata wsdl (which magically appeared in our sandbox after I complained) and the "virtual" and "extends" apex keywords, which apparently have not been released for general use despite being advertised as such.) This is really getting aggravating.
jackdjackd
Answering my own question: This does not appear to be available for general use.