function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheMythicalTheMythical 

How to enable the object and field level security Standard Object 'AccountContactRole'

I recently ran into a problem with standard object 'AccountContactRole', my question is how to enable the object and field level security for Standard Object 'AccountContactRole' on a particular profile such as customer portal user or customer portal manager? Thanks!
wesnoltewesnolte

Hey

You will need to go to the object settings (setup>create>object) and click edit. If you have customer portal enabled you will have a new checkbox available to you at the bottom of the page.. something along the lines of 'Make available for customer portal'. Check that box and save the settings. The object permissions will now be available in the profile page.

Cheers,

Wes 

TheMythicalTheMythical

Hey

But what you mentioned is for custom object, the 'AccountContactRole' is a standard object. Any ideas? thanks!

wesnoltewesnolte

Ah, my bad. I don't think you can.. if I remember correctly you only have access to Contact and Account. Have a look in chapter 14 of the Force.com Developers Guide for more info.

Sorry about that,

Wes

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
AccountContactRole's security is based on the parent records (account, contact) and is not open for customization at this time. The fields additionally can not be controlled through field level security. This is one of the few "immutable" objects that exist in the object hierarchy. I believe a visit to the IdeaExchange is in order...