function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
angusgrantangusgrant 

Visualforce and ordering list data from related object

Hi I have created a standard vf page with a standard controller pointing at a custom object I called "sbs_event__c".

I want to display the related items from a child object  of this event on the page. This works fine however it is displaying the data in a different order to that displayed in the application.

Do I have to resort to Apex and a controller extension to order this data. Or is there a way of natively ordering the data with visulaforce?

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="SBS_Event__c" >

//Code snippet

<tr> <th scope="row" style="">Event Details:</th> <td style="padding:5px;border-top:1px dotted black;border-bottom:1px dotted black;"> <p> {!SBS_Event__c.Full_Event_Details__c}</p></td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="">Event Date:</th> <td style=""> <apex:outputText value="{!SBS_Event__c.Event_Date_Time_Period__c}"></apex:outputText> </td> </tr> <apex:actionRegion id="lectures" rendered="{!SBS_Event__c.Number_of_lectures__c > 1}"> <tr> <th scope="row" style="">Lecture Program:</th> <td style=""> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4"> <apex:repeat value="{!SBS_Event__c.Event_Sessions__r}" var="eventsession"> <tr> <td width="40%">{!eventsession.}</td> <td width="40%">{!eventsession.Name}</td> <td width="60%">{!eventsession.Lecture_Event_Period__c}</td> </tr> </apex:repeat>

nelloCnelloC
I've just come up against the same problem, did you get an answer on this one?