function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandersensandersen 

Getting Hover Details to work in a list of contacts

I've got a list of wrapper class items, each of which contains a contact. I'm displaying them in a pageBlock, which is working just fine.

I have Hover Details working off the Account lookup on the contact, but I can't get it to work for the contact record itself. Here is the page code:

<apex:pageBlock title="Found Contacts"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!searchResults}" var="item"> //this is the working hover for the Account <apex:column value="{!item.con.AccountId}"/> //this displays the Contact Name as unlinked text with no hover <apex:column value="{!item.con.Name}"/> //this displays the Contact Id as unlinked text with no hover <apex:column value="{!item.con.Id}"/> //this displays the Contact Id as unlinked text with no hover <apex:column value="{!item.con}"/> //this displays the Name as a link, but no hover <apex:column headervalue="Name"> <apex:outputLink value="/{!item.con.Id}"> <apex:outputText >{!item.con.Name}</apex:outputText> </apex:outputLink> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock>

Is there any way for me to get the Name as a link to the detail of the contact and also get the detail hover to work?

Thanks!

Steve 

sandersensandersen

<apex:pageBlock title="Found Contacts">

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!searchResults}" var="item">

//this is the working hover for the Account

<apex:column value="{!item.con.AccountId}"/>

//this displays the Contact Name as unlinked text with no hover

<apex:column value="{!item.con.Name}"/>

//this displays the Contact Id as unlinked text with no hover

<apex:column value="{!item.con.Id}"/>

//this displays the Contact Id as unlinked text with no hover