function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vegaln1Vegaln1 

First Custom Controller..... but receiving 'List has no rows for assignment to SObject' error

Hello... this is my first attempt at a custom controller. The purpose is to get  user and contact information from a Custom Controller based on the User object. I recieve the following error:

'System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject'

at the ' private final User user; ' statement. This was pretty much out of the Apex Developer guide for Custom Controllers  but I'm obviously missing something because I can't get past this error. 

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

public class CPcontroller {
private final User user;
private final Contact contact;
private final Case c;
public CPcontroller() {

user = [select id,Name,ContactId,TimeZoneSidKey,Account_Sharing__c, Title, CompanyName,Phone,Extension,Fax,MobilePhone,
Email,Street,City,State,Country,PostalCode,CurrencyIsoCode from User where Id =
:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id') ];
contact = [select id, Name,Email,Phone,Fax,MailingStreet,MailingCity,MailingState,MailingPostalCode,MailingCountry,Title,
ContactAccountName__c from Contact where Id = :user.Contactid] ;

}

public User getUser() {
return user;
}

public Contact getContact() {
return contact;

}
public PageReference save() {
update user;
update contact;
return null;
}

}

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
What URL are you using to display the VF page?  Your code is expecting a user id to be passed in as the parameter 'Id'.
Vegaln1Vegaln1

Hello, I'm not sure how to answer this question. This custom controller is running from within Customer Portal and is replacing the standard 'My Profile' link that a CP user would see. So if my test user is logged in then the URL looks like this in our sandbox:

https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/Cases_No_Edit?sfdc.tabName=01rS00000004gEK

Is this what you meant?

Regards,

jdl2009jdl2009

Your code is looking for a parameter named Id.

ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id')

Your URL doesn't have that parameter. 

Vegaln1Vegaln1

I thought I had that taken care of here:

user = [select id,Name,ContactId,TimeZoneSidKey,Account_Sharing__c, Title, CompanyName,Phone,Extension,Fax,MobilePhone,
Email,Street,City,State,Country,PostalCode,CurrencyIsoCode from User where Id =
:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id') ];

Should it be something like this:

private final string User = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

Regards,

jdl2009jdl2009

ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') = NULL

Because in this URL there is no id parameter

https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/Cases_No_Edit?sfdc.tabName=01rS00000004gEK 

Vegaln1Vegaln1

The URL I mentioned earlier is  the link in Customer Portal that is shown prior to hitting  the  link to 'my Profile' ( which fires the custom contoller).

I went back and tried this using a controller Extention on the User object instead of a custom contoller and this works except that contact information will not be passed to the CP user because of our Sharing rules.... hence the need for this custom contoller. The point I'm making is that when I use the extension controller the URL is:

https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/Symyx_CP_Welcome_Message?id=005S0000000OqSH

So I think my Custom Controller will need the user Id just like it's shown when I'm using a controller extension.  So I'm still stuck and how to I pass the user Id to my custom cotroller. Hopefully I made this a little clearer.... I don't think I did before.

Regards,