function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SYM12SYM12 

How to create a link on all the Phone numbers present in Org using visualforce or JavaScript

Hi All,

I am getting hard time to create a link on a phone number. Actually i want to implement click to call functionality with some telephony company.

Now i want to right a generic visual force page which can be embedded in all the objects as a page layout or some kind of JavaScript which can create a link on all the phone numbers and which in turn call my visualforce page on clicking that number. I wanted to implement on all the phone numbers present in the org (For e.g. how skype is doing right noe).One more thing I don’t have any CTI.

Is there any way to achieve this? Please let me know if any one implemented this kind of functionality before.

Thanks in advance.

Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay

Hi,

You can create a formula field on all objects.

This formula field would use the  HYPERLINK function and the value in your actual PHONE field, check the help and training link to know about this. Also, in the help and training you can find a formula to connect to SKYPE.

In your page layouts, display the newly created formula field and remove the old PHONE field.

Hope this helps.

SYM12SYM12

Hi,

Thanks for sugestion, but if i remove orignal then users will not be able to edit the numbers and also i dont want this as a manual process. Is there any way i can write a javascript which can create a link to all Phone numbers or call my visual force page which again search and create link in a seprate section?

Thanks Again!!!