function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mat_tone_84mat_tone_84 

change the color in if condition

Hi,

I'm new with visualforce.

I want that the true value ( messagge1_true) of this condition will be in a custom color , for example yellow

<apex:page standardController="opportunity" >

<b>{!IF(contains(opportunity.custom_fields__c, "testvalue"), "messagge1_true", "messagge2_false")}</b>

</apex:page>

I try to put <apex:outputText color="yellow"> before the " <b> " and </apex:outputtex> after "</b>"  but doesn't work....

I try to read salesforce_pages_developers_guide.pdf but I find only the way of <style> tag with html but doesn't work too

thanks

aballardaballard

There are a number of ways you might do this.  Assuming you don't want to use a custom controller or extension, one possibility is  something like

<apex:outputText escape='false' value="{!if(contains(opportunity.custom_fields__c, "testvalue"),'<span style=\"color:yellow\">message1 true</span>','message2 false')}" />

Note the escalpe=false.  Use caution with this... ok as long as you re sure that the messages do not contain any unintended markup that might allow cross site scripting attacks. 

mat_tone_84mat_tone_84

Thanks for the syntax, but in this way I have the outputtex every time "message2 false".

If I change the value of custom fields into "testvalue" or "testvalueeeeeeeeee" I have every time this output "message 2 false".

Maybe is ther some error in if ?

thanks