function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sdavidow9sdavidow9 

An error occurred when processing your submitted information.

I'm stumped.  I have 2 sandboxes and I'm getting errors in only 1 with THE SAME code in both.

Everything was working fine in both systems until today.  I have no idea what has changed, and I've gone as far as replacing the VF and Controller code from the working SB to the one giving the errors.

The VF and Contoller are each about 1k lines, so I'm not sure it's worth sticking in here, but has anyone else "suddenly" run into this?  

One odd thing, I have a method that returns a date and I put that in a Hidden field.  I started  by making that hidden field to an outputfield to see if my value is being returned.  I tried output, input, apex:outputfield, apex:input...every variation and it's not getting populated.

The strange thing is that on my controller I am referencing that value in order to find a future date and that value IS being returned to my page.  I have debugs everywhere and the value is querying and being returned...

Again, the thing that is crazy is that it was working YESTERDAY and it STILL works in a different sandbox...?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sdavidow9sdavidow9

The problem has been identified. 

The culprit:  One of the Sys Admins messing with profiles and object access.  Would have been nice for a heads up...

Oh well, only took most of my day.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time reading my long, drawn out ramblings of my woes...Maybe next time I'll have something useful to add.

All Answers

EMHDevEMHDev
I had trouble with my Sandbox yesterday and the day before.  I was unable to save from the IDE and my COO was unable to log into the Sandbox at all.  Today it is fine.  I suspect it is the Sandbox rather than your code so don't go changing it until you get an answer - are both of your Sandboxes on the same server?  Don't know what salesforce are up to but the performance was appalling yesterday and nothing was posted on trust.salesforce.com.
sdavidow9sdavidow9

The problem has been identified. 

The culprit:  One of the Sys Admins messing with profiles and object access.  Would have been nice for a heads up...

Oh well, only took most of my day.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time reading my long, drawn out ramblings of my woes...Maybe next time I'll have something useful to add.

This was selected as the best answer