function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kyle FreemanKyle Freeman 

Can you actually use VisualForce

I am currently an administrator for an Enterprise Edition salesforce instance.  I am excited about the possibilities with VisualForce, however, from what I have read you can only use VisualForce inside a developer account?

Is this the case, or can you create the VisualForce pages inside a developer account & then move them over to your live instance?

If not, then what is everyone doing working with VisualForce - getting ready for the release?  Is a general availability scheduled?
TehNrdTehNrd

Kyle Freeman wrote:
I am currently an administrator for an Enterprise Edition salesforce instance.  I am excited about the possibilities with VisualForce, however, from what I have read you can only use VisualForce inside a developer account?

Is this the case, or can you create the VisualForce pages inside a developer account & then move them over to your live instance?

Developer only.

Kyle Freeman wrote:
If not, then what is everyone doing working with VisualForce - getting ready for the release?  Is a general availability scheduled?

Yes, getting ready, testing, playing around. GA does not yet have a frim release date.
dchasmandchasman
... and salesforce is using visualforce in a number of places in production today (IdeaExchange, AppStore, and many more).

My team's main focus is getting to GA as soon as possible, we have a target release for GA but they would string me up if I said what that was just yet :-)

Stay tuned...

Krishna Prasad K PKrishna Prasad K P

Then........

1. What about the demos shown in the Tour de Force by "Dolby" and "Risconnect", using VF.?? 
  2. They use salesforce developer account ??
  3. Dont they use thier SF a/c for thier commercial application??
  4. or What type of accounts/editions they use?

Thanks in advance,

Krishna...