function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
terbushsterbushs 

How do I enable Visualforce Developer Mode

I found in the Getting Started tutorial that I need to check the VisualForce Developer Mode checkbox in order to start the tutorial.  I can't find that option.  The directions say to do this:

Sign up for a Visualforce Developer Preview. Then, click through to Setup -> My Personal Information -> Personal Information -> Edit. Enable the Visualforce Developer Mode checkbox and then hit Save.

I tried that, but I do not see a check box named Visualforce Developer mode on my Personal Information page.  I thought it might be because my profile is for a 'System Administrator', but I'm not sure.  In any cae, I don't know how to change that setting.

Does anyone know how I can find and check that checkbox?
Steve ChadbournSteve Chadbourn
You have to sign up for the visualforce developer preview first. Its not easy to  find where to do this:

Once signed up log out then back into dfc to find the checkbox.

terbushsterbushs

I can't login in there.  I have a login, but it doesn't work there.

With that in mind, I click on the link to register, and I can't register.  My email is already in use, with the account I tried to login with.

This is a bit of a catch-22.  I can't login and I can't update my login info.  What is going wrong?

Murali_SFDC_Admin_CertifiedMurali_SFDC_Admin_Certified

Which edition you are using? Like Unlimited , Enterprise , Developer edition etc...

Suppose you are using Developer Edition follow the below navigation for the current release(winter 14).

1) Go to the Setup | Administer | Manage Users | Users| select for which user you want to enable the developer mode

Click on the Edit button beside of there user Name.

Then Enable the Development Mode.

Regards,

Murali.P

SFDC Admin

Shivam KesharwaniShivam Kesharwani
Hi terbushs,

If you want to enable Development mode for own user then you will follow the following steps :-
1. My Settings
2. Personal
3. Advance User Details
4. Click on the checkbox of infront of Development Mode
5. Click Save