function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RRESRRES 

Click-to-dial in VisualForce list component

Hey There.

I have a quick question regarding CTI Click-to-dial within a listcomponent on a VisualForce page.

We're going to have a custom object called Expert to Case which creates a many-to-many relationship on between contacts and Cases. The related list called "In Network Experts" is a custom related list (need to build several hovers and inline editing within the list which is why I'm building custom related lists). On the list I'll have basic contact information including contact name, email, and phone number.

My question is, on the phone number field, will it become active for Click-to-call functionality if the customer has installed the CTI connector? If not, can I make it active? If it becomes active and I click on the number, is there a way I can have the activity be logged with the WHOID = Contact and WHATID = Case?

Let me know if anyone has any nifty ideas around this.

Thanks,

Rich

Steve HoytSteve Hoyt

Having similar issue with custom object and was wondering if this was ever solved?

RRESRRES

No resolution, no comments from anyone.

Steve HoytSteve Hoyt

I will post the solution if we get it resolved.  Tough to beleive nobody in the community has tried/solved this in the last year.

Steve HoytSteve Hoyt

Found the answer (at least for our problem). The field in the custom object MUST have a field type of "phone", just labeling the field as a phone number will not work.  Additionally, you can't use a formula to populate the field either or it won't work.