function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ministe2003ministe2003 

Accessing Converted amount currency

Hi,

If an opportunity is not in the organisation's default currency, the amount is displayed in it's local currency and in the org's default in brackets next to it.

eg

How can I access this converted amount? I'm writing a custom big deal alert email and want the value in the subject to be in GBP regardless of the opportunty's currency.

Thanks!

Steven

JimRaeJimRae

There are a few ways you can do this, depending on your particuar use case.

One way is to use the convertCurrency function directly in your SOQL query

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_soql_querying_currency_fields.htm

This will return the value of the currency field in the running users default currency.  In your case, if your default is GBP, then that is what would get returned.

The other way, is to do the conversion yourself, by referencing the currencytype object, and converting the value manually.

ministe2003ministe2003

Cheers, knew about the SOQL method but not the currencytype object. I'm using a trigger so trying to keep SOQL calls down so now buy using that object I can pull all conversion rates in 1 query.  Was hoping to be able to do it without using queries at all, but didn't think it'd be possible.

Thanks!